Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ideas for you

Offered by someone else:

Inner attitudes, predispositions that encourage life and vitality:

1. I am an excellent creature, a valuable part of the universe in which I exist.
2. My existence enriches all other portions of life, even as my own being is enhanced by the rest of creation.
3. It is good, natural, and safe for me to grow and develop and use my abilities, and by doing so I also enrich all other portions of life.
4. I am eternally couched and supported by the universe of which I am a part, and I exist whether or not that existence is physically expressed.
5. By nature I am a good deserving creature, and all of life's elements and parts are also of good intent.
6. All of my imperfections, and all of the imperfections of other creatures, are redeemed in the greater scheme of the universe in which I have my being.

Those attitudes are inbred in the smallest microscopic portions of the body -- a part of each atom and cell and organ, and they serve to trigger all of the body's responses that promote growth and fulfillment. Infants are not born with an inbred fear of their environment, or of other creatures. They (infants) are instead immersed in feelings of well-being, vitality, and exuberance. They (infants) take it for granted that their needs will be met, and that the universe is well-disposed toward them. They (infants) feel a part of their environment.
They (infants) do not come into life with feelings of rage, or anger, and basically they do not experience doubts or fears. Birth is experienced in terms of self-discovery, and includes the sensation of selfhood gently rising and unfolding from the secret heart of the universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home